August 2007 and currently- Center for Homland Defense and Security at the Naval Postgraduate School
- Ive produced over 35 learning module/lectures currently being used with the center's masters degree program. These modules combine audio with custom illustration and animation for use in distance learning.
- Additonally I produce graphics and animation for learning games, marketing, and other uses in support of the center's learning objectives.
- I have also worked on interactive learning objects and video production for elearning.
August 2001 to 2007- Self Employed/Contracts
- I completed an animated map sequence for the National Marine Sanctuary that was part of a television special.
- For the Kotz & Treichel Chemistry text book (college level), Ive generated over 40 pieces of art showing atomic orbitals.
November 1994 to August 2001 - Archipelago Productions
Senior animator - Production/Information Design
Educational CD and Distance Learning
- Building interactive media sequences for on-line and distance learning using Flash and Shockwave software.
- Modeling and animating sequences from storyboards using 3D Studio Max3. Assembling the sequences on the Macintosh platform into finished media with voice over and labels.
- Cleaning up/or revising storyboards from rough layouts.
- Working with content consultants to ensure useful media.
November 1990 to October 1994 - Columbia College
Assistant Production Manager/Staff
- Teaching college level Animation I, covering the fundamentals of animation.
- Organizing and presenting lectures to students on creating titles for their class film projects.
- Working with 16mm animation stands and their maintenance.
September 1988 to October 1990 - Encyclopedia Britannica
Principal Freelance Animator and Assistant to the Director.
- Animating scenes in educational films and overseeing them through to completion.
- Editing video tape and making dubs.
- Making sound transfers and editing sound effects to the picture.
- Coordinating backlit artwork and titles.
- General equipment maintenance and repair.
June 1989 and August 1989 - Kaffeehaus Animation Studio
- Completing character animated sequences from key drawings.
Columbia College, Chicago, Illinois
B.A. August 1988, Film/Video and Animation
Interests and Skills:
Model and Set Construction
16mm film collecting
References: Available on request